Do you feel like you’re drowning? Drowning in paperwork, in problems, in people stuff? And all because of your success!
When you were starting out you had a handle on everything. Now you’ve grown you’ve had to take on more people and it’s just not the same. You feel like you’ve lost control. And like any new parent you’re finding it hard to trust anyone with your ‘baby’ – to do things your way.
If it helps, you’re not alone. There are lots of successful small business owners out there who have fallen out of love with their business. What used to be fun, exciting and rewarding is doing great financially, but not giving you the same pleasure or sense of adventure.
Of course you always worked hard, but in the early days that hard work was interesting and added real value to the business. Now you’re working even harder and it doesn’t ever seem to move things on.
7 Clear Signs Your Business Needs a Systems Overhaul
- Your business doesn’t seem joined up, you have a group of individuals, but no-one wants to work as one team
- Your Customer journey is over-complicated; in the past one person dealt with each customer, now they have half a dozen different points of contact.
- You have no set ways of doing things; everyone in the team has their own way of doing each task.
- You’re great at what you do but you have no experience of managing people – and it shows.
- You’ve tried to solve this by promoting someone in your team to manage, but you can’t give them the development or hand-holding they need, so they’re struggling to support you.
- You have no performance measures in place and struggle to give feedback, so nobody knows how they’re doing.
- You’ve simply lost sight of why you started all this in the first place.
So…are you stuck? Or are you drowning?
I hope you’re neither, but if you are, let me throw you a lifebelt.
It doesn’t have to be this way. You can have time freedom, and a business that runs like a well oiled machine, manned by a high performing team. You just need to systemise, in every area of your business, and that’s not as daunting as it sounds.
In fact, there are only 10 steps to McFreedom – that freedom to scale, grow or sell your business…or run it from a beach somewhere.