Lots of people get the concept of the three potential roles you can hold in your business.
And lots of people talk about how they would love to have the time to work on their business, not in it.
Very few people take the action necessary to make that happen.
For me there can be only 1 of 2 reasons for this. Either
A. They don’t know HOW to do what Gerber describes in his book…don’t know where to start, or
B. They are in love with the struggle.They enjoy telling people how hard they have to work, how early they get up and how late they go to bed, how you just can’t get good staff, how nobody can do the job like they can.
But here’s the scary truth…we are ALL replaceable.
Special as we are as individuals, unique as our personalities and brains are…when push comes to shove, we can all be replaced in the world of work.And that’s a really GOOD thing!
Replacing yourself in your business opens you up to a whole world of new opportunities.It gives you time…to create…to spend with your family…to work on your business, not in it! You get to choose.
And all you have to do to make it happen, is accept that you can, work out if you really want to, and then get on and do it.
Mr Gerber’s book is incredibly popular for a reason, it shows business owners the ideal, shows us what is possible.He focuses on the What, but doesn’t tell you How, so here’s a bit of How to get you started…
- First decide what you really want.
– Do you love things just the way they are – you working in your business as the Specialist.
– Or do you want to have more time, with freedom to pick and choose what you do, and what you don’t do…where you spend your time, and doing what.
– Decide what success looks like to YOU.There are no right and wrong answers here. Just listen to your heart and be true to yourself!
- Next, offload what has to be done, but absolutely NOT BY YOU.
– Bookkeeping springs to mind, but there will be other activities that are not your core skills, and or you just hate doing them.
- Develop Simple, Logical and Repeatable systems for all of the other key activities in your business, even those you believe can’t be done by anyone but you.
– Model exactly how you do what you do…right down to the processes you go through in your mind…think about the standards you want to achieve.
– And then record it all.Use Jing and Skitch to video yourself doing each activity, to annotate images and screen shots.
List each step in the process…step 1 do this, step 2 do this, and so on.
– Don’t focus on the time it’s going to take to do this…focus on the amount of time it’s going to save when you have a high performing team working on their own, but to your high standards.
- Involve the team where you can.
– Get them to sense-check that what you think is perfectly logical, actually is.
– Get them to try out each process and keep asking why.
- Finally, when your processes are in place…get out of their way and let them get on with it.
Choose now to make this the year you’re going to replace yourself in your business.
Twelve months from today you’re going to have processes and systems in every area of your business, and an engaged and empowered team running them. You’re going to have time, and the freedom to choose how you use it.
Make it your goal for this year, and make it happen.
[Come on the McFreedom Secrets Workshop as a starting point, and learn how straightforward it could be. Click here to learn more]
For more information on how MPL can help you visit www.mariannepage.co.uk or contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org